The health promotion project "Healthy Parks" is part of the WiG programme "Healthy Districts". It aims at
- making the parks of Vienna a healthy environment for children and young people,
- increasing the level knowledge in health promotion,
- building networks and partnerships and
- raising awareness.
The project aims to reach two target groups: children and young people in out-of-school activities (boys and girls between 6 and 13) and staff members of Vienna based NGOs or other organisations working in the field of leisure education.
queraum. cultural and social research is responsible for coordination and management. Based on the objectives, the project plan comprises the following activities:
- participative development and implementation of health promoting activities together with children and young people in various parks in the seven "Healthy Districts"
- implementation of a training series for the participating organisations and training courses for cooperation partners
- establishment of a networking and development platform to strengthen the partnership; this platform will also develop the publication "Healthy Parks: Experiences & Recommendations"
- awareness raising and information: PR activities