- study on the main research question based on new surveys and existing data
- transfer of new and existing information and knowledge in security research to urban development
- development of recommendations on how to optimize urban planning processes to increase the feeling of security in urban space
- improvement of the interdisciplinary cooperation between security research, community work, city and regional planning and urban development
- development of strategies to improve “urban compentences” (risk assessment, coping…) of urban space users.
The perception and feeling of (in-)security is not a one-dimensional process but is influenced by various factors. These factors can be of an interactive (different groups), subjective (personal experiences in public space) and architectural/structural nature. There are even more factors (e.g. mediality), but our study will focus on architectural/structural and social ones. Public space is the main object of research – various dimensions (architectural/structural, communicative and narrative) will be taken into account. Public space is defined as an „urban teaching environment“. Urban/Social competences will be conceptualized in view of phenomena of disorder (coping, evasion). In our project we will develop guidelines on how to implement the research results.